The 50000&1 SEAPs project provides a coherent approach to integrating Energy Management Systems (EnMS) with Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs) according to energy management standard such as ISO 50001 and European Energy Award, as quality management certification system for municipalities committed to sustainable energy planning.
It aims to help municipalities overcome the barriers blocking institutionalisation of their action plans and reinforce internal structures and procedures for high-quality, long-term, energy policy and planning. This ensures that sustainable approaches to local energy policy and planning are spread and strengthened further across Europe.
There are five Latvian municipalities taking part in the project: Daugavpils, Cesis, Smiltene, Adazi and Sigulda.
The assignment included the following main activities:
- Organisation of trainings for local municipalities
- Collection of initial and historical energy consumption data and calculation of BEI
- Organisation of local energy forums
- Development of Sustainable Energy Action Plans
- Development of monitoring procedure
- List of primary actions
- Technical support in implementation of climate actions
- Assistance for implementation of EMS in municipalities