Quality management criteria for energy efficiency services, implementation of qualitative projects and investment attraction.
QualitEE builds upon the Transparense project, which established the European Code of Conduct for Energy Performance Contracting in 2014. Signed by over 200 EPC providers and facilitators, the code defines the basic values and principles that are considered fundamental for EPC projects and represents an important first step to increasing transparency and trust for these services.
However, the code does not provide the assessment criteria or verification procedures that are required to enforce the quality of EPC. The QualitEE project looks to address this, whilst broadening the scope to include a wider range of energy efficiency services.
- Publish technical quality assessment criteria and assessment processes – core criteria harmonised across Europe with National adaptations – view European criteria here
- Research and develop business cases for national quality assurance schemes to operationalise the application of quality assessment criteria – view business case reports here
In order to achieve these objectives the project has:
- Engaged key stakeholders via national discussion platforms, training seminars and extensive market research surveys
- Tested quality criteria and assessment processes in pilot projects
- Delivered focussed training seminars to increase knowledge and skills
- Published guidelines on minimum financial information, in order to expedite investment decisions
- Published a procurement handbook to ensure uptake of quality criteria in projects from the outset